[3830] WPX CW KG9X SOAB TB-Wires LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 31 21:27:10 EDT 2020

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: KG9X
Operator(s): KG9X
Station: KG9X

Class: SOAB LP
Class Overlay: TB-Wires
QTH: il
Operating Time (hrs): 35:30

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

I am usually not able to op this contest with my car hobby active during this
time but most gatherings are still cancelled.  This was a very fun event for me.
 Lots and lots of S&P tuning for mults.  Nice to work so many of my CWOps
friends.

Sure glad the upper bands had good propagation since (in just the last month)
have connection to a KT34XA at 50'.  Its fixed on tower to N EU and makes a huge
difference from the low dipole I was using!!  I actually can run stations on
these bands now when sigs get above S7 or so.  Missed many SA and AS mults not
being able to turn the antenna.

Spent too much non productive time and lost precious sleep (0700-0930Z) Saturday
morning and had to miss the last good 30 minutes of the test.  Need to learn
about op time / alertness conservation.

73,  Fred  KG9X