[3830] WPX CW VC4R(@VE4GV) SO(A)SB20 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 31 22:22:21 EDT 2020

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: VC4R
Operator(s): VC4R
Station: VE4GV

Class: SO(A)SB20 HP
QTH: MB

   20: 1121

Club: Radiosport Manitoba

Comments:

After looking at how poor conditions were on 15 and 10 I decided to make another
20 m single band effort high power assisted. Using the VC4R call is always fun.

Conditions seemed to get better as the weekendprogressed. Skewed Password
visible and propagation seem to be best over the poles. Again, the JA runs were
completely missing And I was Surprised at the lack of French, Portuguese and UK
stations that seemed to be missing. We have no propagation to Asia at all.

With a KT 34XA at 66 feet and located in the middle of the continent, I think my
station showed what it does best and that is work North America easily but
it’s a struggle to get consistent runs into Dx locations at this time of the
cycle. But I did hang in there a lot longer than I thought I would and enjoy the
contest a lot. It’s rapidly turning into one of my favourite contests do I
must admit I have some trepidation about seeing how accurate my copy of serial
numbers will turn out to be after finishing with log checking.Some of those
serial numbers became a bit of a stretch to copy through the noise.

Looking forward to the next contest, Canada day contest on July 1
73. Rob VE4GV