[3830] NA Sprint SSB AI1TT(W1WBB) LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 1 09:06:09 EST 2020

                    NA Sprint SSB Contest - November

Call: AI1TT
Operator(s): W1WBB
Station: W1WBB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Rhode Island
Operating Time (hrs): ~4

---------------------
Total:  97     Mults = 36  Total Score = 3,492

Club: CT RI Contest Group

Team:

Comments:

ROUGH when it's just a 2-band event and running LP ... bummer to work just under
100 QSOs.  Score quite impacted in negative way without 20m avail!

Weak sigs from even the Big Guns on 20m (not good!) at the start so moved to 40m
after first 15+ minutes.  Available stations seemed to dry up eventually -- too
many unanswered CQs while being a rare multiplier!  Didn't feel like there was
enough steady activity on both 40m and 75m to occupy most of the 4 hours from
here.  And, never did hear my own multiplier.

Conditions were odd on 40m ... band shortened up quite late in the event, and I
worked a number of Northeast area stations that were unworkable earlier in
places like PA, MD, VA and OH.

Positives:  Still managed same number of mults (36) as April 2020 Sprint [when I
made 40 additional 20m QSOs]; most combined 40m+75m QSOs (93) in an SSB Sprint
from here; had fun providing a rare multiplier once again!  TNX to a few
regional guys earlier in the day on 40m I was able to adjust/improve my SSB TX
audio on my Icom IC-7300 -- hope it helped!

Club call AI1TT utilized; operator name "Max" used in honor of my
eldest son (recent college grad working in Green Energy field).

100 watts and wires ... as always!  Thanks all for the Sprinting fun.

73, W1WBB
Trustee, AI1TT
"Aquidneck Island Transmitting Team"