[3830] SS CW K0BJ SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 8 22:35:05 EST 2020

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2020

Call: K0BJ
Operator(s): K0BJ
Station: K0BJ

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: KS

I played 11 hours in an all-S&P effort. Always fun to catch friends
including a number of GMCCers.  Sweep prospects looked fair and by Sunday
mid-afternoon I needed only WY and NWT.  I heard WY7FD S&Ping early, and saw
Dale spotted on 40 and 20 but he wasn't audible here, ditto for another WY. 3
minutes before QRT 0100Z to get my son from work I saw HS/XV friend W0DLE/7
spotted on 40 -- Chuck was LOUD and soon in the log.  Did anyone work NWT?  I
saw VY1SS spotted briefly - didn't hear it.

I'm not eligible for GMCC club competition in ARRL contests, and didn't work
enuff hours to be in the running for the beer award.  HOWEVER most years I'm in
HS5 by SS SSB weekend, and preparing to go during CW.  Since I'm stuck in W/K
land this time I am declaring myself the winner  of Colby since I beat K0FJ's
202 Qs. Celebrating with a Broken Compass (Breckenridge) Irish Red.  Tnx to the
807 peddlers for the neat idea.

When son KB0MBS was at KSU/W0QQQ I joined the K0WA/AB0S/W0CEM multi team at
John's in Junction City KS. Then Lee and Tim migrated to W0NO and I joined them
there a few times. Now my HS trips make SS an uncommon operation for me.

73  Bruce K0BJ