[3830] SS CW W6AQ(N6AN) Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 9 01:59:44 EST 2020

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2020

Call: W6AQ
Operator(s): N6AN
Station: N6AN

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: LAX
Operating Time (hrs): 17:30

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

A portable QRP operation in honor of Dave Bell, W6AQ, using his radio.

I chose Flint Peak for this year's effort. It has a nice NE drop off and is only
3 miles from home. The hike to the summit is under 15 minutes.
The peak area/trail is closed between 10 PM and 4 AM so I missed some good 40/80
hours.
KX3 @5 watts, 100' doublet fed with CAT5 twisted pair. Paper logging, hand
sending. A Manhasset music stand was lashed to a tree as a standing desk.
Weather partly cooperated. The rain showers on Saturday and Sunday mostly
skirted my peak, but the winds were cold and strong. At times I had to run
around to warm up and regain control of my hands.
I was pretty weathered by 00Z so I packed up and hiked down just after sunset.
Missed mults were NE/SNJ/SB/MAR/NL/NT.
This result is about 30% higher than last year.
Thanks for your patience in digging my little signal out of the ether.

73,
David N6AN