[3830] SS CW KB5RF Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 9 09:16:12 EST 2020

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2020

Call: KB5RF
Operator(s): KB5RF
Station: KB5RF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Austin

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I was worried at first I would struggle with the contest exchange but I did not.
Working assisted has been a confidence builder for me. In fact I had a lot of
fun. Many thanks to Robert K5PI for his pre-contest coaching session.  I'm going
to do what Jim George recommends post-contest and look over my log and a number
of notes I took.

I only worked ~3-4 hours (rounded up to 4) due to social commitments this
weekend and all the news rolling in.

My take away is in the simple fact I need to move from S&P to Calling. It's
the only way I'll get my numbers up from my station location. I'm comfy now
doing S&P but I can see more clearly now how my numbers are leveling off.

The more I use N1MM the more I marvel at the options available to work so
efficiently in contest mode.

Bottom line I really enjoyed this contest. I also realized that, I'm a pretty
new contester in general. I could tell every time I saw the CHECK from each QSO.
Seems like many of the contesters had CHECKS in the 50s, 60s,70, 80s etc.  I had
to resend my check many times and I suppose it was just a surprise. Mine is 16.

Onward to new goals. Many thanks for all the QSOs and I think a ton of new Hams
I have not worked before.