[3830] SS CW NN3W SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 9 10:40:13 EST 2020

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2020

Call: NN3W
Operator(s): NN3W
Station: NN3W

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs):

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Casual operation from home. Missed NT.  Fought the -unruly- pileup on 40 CW
Sunday evening but new this was going to be a lost cause.

First actual RF operation from home since a good winter wind storm took down my
main antennas earlier this year.  I made the mistake of trying to make the new
setup fully SO2R capable.  That was a fail.  The DX Doubler box would not
cooperate despite changing jumpers, buying new cables, getting converters, etc.
Very frustrating.

40/80 were LONG at the start.  Saw a not insignificant amount of activity on
160!  Main radio usually used the high dipoles or the delta loop on 40 until the
SWR on the 40 went bad.  Apparently my bad soldering of a PL259 finally
manifested itself.

Spent a fair amount of time using a Greyline Performance 28 foot vertical.  It
did amazingly well and was actually quieter than the 40 delta and the 20/15 fan
dipole.