[3830] SS CW K4HQK Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 9 15:54:25 EST 2020

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2020

Call: K4HQK
Operator(s): K4HQK
Station: K4HQK

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Alexandria, VA

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

All S&P. Couldn't get up the nerve to tackle a run. Sweepstakes’
convoluted exchange unnerves me; it's difficult enough in S&P mode. Operated
for only 12 hours because of numerous family demands.

Propagation was good but mostly long, longer and longest--even on 80m. Alas, 15m
seemed in fairly good shape but was not put to much use by contestants (at
least, I didn't hear many) so I gave up that band after a few QSOs.

Of the 84 sections, I nabbed 80, including ID (WJ9B), MAR (VE1RSM), NL (VO1HP),
PAC (KH6TU), and the new PE section (VY2ZM) plus PR (2 stations) and VI (KP2M).
Never heard AK, EWA, NT or WY.

Canada once again seemed a little underrepresented in SS, providing 7.1% (24) of
my 335 North American QSOs. The Canadian population, however, is 10.3% of North
America's total. They certainly turn out for RAC’s Canada Day contest,
though.

John K4HQK
Alexandria, Va.