[3830] SS CW VO1BQ Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Nov 11 18:51:16 EST 2020

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2020

Call: VO1BQ
Operator(s): VO1BQ
Station: VO1BQ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Intended running 500w into my Vertical...Sat evening got on air only to find
that when I put the amp online my SWR was all over the place...So I made a few
Q's running 100W but continued to give my Prec as Bravo as I figured I would be
back on the air on 40 in the morning and 15 and 20M on Sunday afternoon.

Well was surprised in the morning to find the same situation on the above
mentioned bands...SWR swinging all over the place... I'd tune it flat with Ant
Tuner but when in HP the SWR would go wild.   Gave up before I blew something..

Worked Night Shifts Mon and Tue... got up today (Wed) and went out and had a
look at the Ant... HF-6v,  I noticed some conductive copper anti-seize had
seeped out onto a couple of the insulated sections... I cleaned it off and went
back into the shack hoping I had solved the issue.  Nope swr still swinging all
over the place...  I will have to have another look at it... Its a new antenna,
my 3rd HF-6v, first time I've seen this issue, perhaps water in the feedline.

Hopefully will have it fixed for Phone SS.   If not, I will have to use my Cloud
Warmer EFHW ...  73 Joe VO1BQ