[3830] SS CW K9YC Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Nov 12 13:22:02 EST 2020

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2020

Call: K9YC
Operator(s): K9YC
Station: K9YC

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: SCV

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This is probably my best single-QTH Sweepstakes effort ever. NT came in the
first few hours, NL on Sunday afternoon. Both came from watching N1MM's
Available Mults window. I would have needed a completely different strategy to
have made the sweep without the cluster, and based on the very limited activity,
probably would not have.

N1MM has one or more bugs in their color coding of spots and of the Multipliers
window. A re-start of N1MM fixed the Mults window. Color coding of spots
depends, I believe, on the Call History file. When a certain VE3 call was in the
CH file as ON rather than ONN, ONS, ONE, or GTA after I'd worked all of those
sections, the spot came up Red. Likewise for a station in YT after I'd worked
NT.

 I found the bands in very good shape. Let's hear it for sunspots!