[3830] WAE RTTY K4XL Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 15 21:11:28 EST 2020

                    WAE DX Contest, RTTY - 2020

Call: K4XL
Operator(s): K4XL
Station: K4XL

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Amherst, VA

   80:  162   182    20   136
   40:  470   880   410   198
   20:  191   548   357   114
   15:   59   129    70    66
   10:    0     0     0     0
-------------------------------
Total:  882  1739   857   514  Total Score = 893,846

Club: Central Virginia Contest Club

Comments:

When my buddy, N2QT said he would get his 100 Qs for the PVRC, I said,
"Yeah, me too."  However, this contest is just too much fun to only do
100 Qs and then quit.  I got to 100 very early and was rolling, so I just kept
going until after midnight on Friday.  That lack of planning and staying up late
got me and I overslept and missed the Saturday morning action.  Saturday was a
steady stream of Europeans and locals that kept me running most of the time.  I
may have spent too much time on 40, but I stayed pretty busy so I was reluctant
to leave.  Sunday morning on 40 provided an opportunity to work into Asia and
the Pacific.
	I love the format and enjoy the opportunity to both send and receive QTCs.  The
problem is that while running I never got into the habit of asking about QTCs,
and as a result I wound up with almost 400 QTCs still in the bank and unspent!
I sure could have used those points!  Oh well, live and learn.  So far, its been
mostly just living.
	My old trusty Alpha 78 acted a little strange on 40 occasionally but otherwise
no problems with the equipment.  N1MM+ always has a way of providing a little
frustration in with all the fun.  99.9% of the time when sending QTCs, I was
asked for a repeat of #10.  Something is wrong, either with my setup or with the
program.  The problem was too consistent.  When receiving QTCs occasionally the
screen would freeze and I would have to bang on the yellow vertical bar to get
it to turn back green and unfreeze the screen.  Once again, it's either me or
the program.  Probably me, but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.  I guess
I shouldn't complain too much as I heard other folks saying that they could only
send QTCs but not receive them.  However, I can't imagine what the contest would
be like without N1MM!
	Thanks to the DARC for coming up with a contest that is unique and fun.  Thanks
to all I worked for the Qs and QTCs.

Rig:  FTDX101MP and an Alpha 78
Ants:  SteppIR DB18E and a dipole for 80.