[3830] SS SSB W6PNG SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 22 21:06:00 EST 2020

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: W6PNG
Operator(s): W6PNG
Station: W6PNG

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: Orange County, CA

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

First serious participation in Sweepstakes and I really enjoyed what was an
"expedition" style event. I took my G3TXQ 20/15/10 HexBeam to a
friends house along with my K3s/KPA500 setup. I'm beginning to streamline the
deployment of my station and down to about 3.5 hours and about 2 hours to take
down. While its only about 10 miles from my own QTH trading a blocking hill for
being atop one does make a difference. In this non travel COVID world this
almost seemed as much fun as operating from TI7 or VY2 and cost a fraction of
those trips.

Wonderful to see 15m so active and hope this is a positive sign for Cycle 25
being better than so many seem to predict.

I managed 80 sections and missed 4 (2 California and 2 VE) which considering I
had no 40/80 antenna was pretty good in my book.

Paul
W6PNG/M0SNA
www.nomadic.blog