[3830] SS SSB K7RAT(N6TR) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 22 22:28:32 EST 2020

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: K7RAT
Operator(s): N6TR
Station: N6TR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: OR

   40: 1138

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

20 meters felt like I brought a squirt gun to a knife fight.  Just could not
figure out to get a run frequency established.  However, the new 4L OWA on 40
seemed to be up to the task on 40 meters.  The single quad loop on 80 was also
working well.

Missed VE2, VY2 and VE8/VY1.

Amazing number of KX#XXX calls out there with recent checks. Now, if we can just
get some of them to show up for the CW event.

Pretty much used one radio (K3) with a KPA1500.  The amp worked very well -
first time in an SSB contest for it.