[3830] SS SSB K2PO Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 23 00:00:15 EST 2020

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: K2PO
Operator(s): K2PO
Station: K2PO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Oregon
Operating Time (hrs):

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

The contest started slower for me than last year, but I got caught up and
eventually pulled ahead of my 2019 numbers overnight.  However, the rate-fest of
Sunday morning on 20m didn't materialize as expected, I guess because of the
high K index.  After my tally fell progressively further behind last year’s
numbers I decided to relax and just contest part-time, while tending other tasks
(e.g., figuring out some of the idiosyncrasies of my new Flex 6500, which I
hooked up for the first time on Friday).

Kudos to the ops who logged big scores in these adverse conditions – including
K6JO, VE4VT and W0EWD.  (And I echo a shout out to K7RL, who had the highest
hourly rate (175) of any station participating in the real time scoreboard, per
the contestonlinescore web site.)

73,

/Bill, K2PO