[3830] SS SSB N4IQ SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 23 12:53:03 EST 2020

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: N4IQ
Operator(s): N4IQ
Station: N4IQ

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: SC - Greenville

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Comments:

Band     QSOs     Pts   Sec
   3.5     254     508   16
     7     167     334   23
    14     127     254   26
    21      85     170   19
 Total     633    1266   84

Score: 106,344  SOHP(U) SO2R 18Hrs

This was my first SS SSB, although I have operated in
three SS CW contests (2019, 2017, 2016).  In two of those I made Clean
Sweeps.  My main operating goal in the SS is to get Clean Sweeps (rather than
points although I will take as many points as I can get) and I was lucky
enough to make a Clean Sweep in this one. Usually I
will stop operating soon after that.  Hi.  This SSB contest took me
a little longer than usual to work all the sections.  The last section
to be worked was MAR (VA1MM on 40M @2350Z Sunday) - which had been illusive
throughout the contest. He was weak (S-2 RX) so the QSO took me 20+ minutes to
snag him. He was working mostly stronger northern US and Canadian stations.  PE
Island was another illusive section. Any way, I will add a 2020 SS mug to the
two I already have. My coffee always tastes better in SS mugs.

73 Bill N4iQ

2x TS590; 2x 800W; wire antennas, 2x SDR spectrum displays, N1MM+