[3830] SS SSB N8IVN SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 23 18:58:04 EST 2020

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: N8IVN
Operator(s): N8IVN
Station: N8IVN

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs):

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks to all the club members who provided me with a contact.  And special
thanks to those who spotted me.

I began by S&P on 20 then 40.  A couple hours after the beginning of the
contest I found a spot on 80m and ran.  As you can see, 80m was my money band.

This is one of my favorite contests since working it from the fine contest
station of K4VV with WX3B and K3WI.  This was a part-time operation having taken
time out for sleep and a Browns (note my 8 call) football game.  I took it an
hour at a time to see how the contest progressed.  My goal was to get a sweep as
opposed to shooting for a number of Qs.  Sometime after 300 Qs I was hoping for
400.  After 400 I was hoping for 500 and so on.  This is the greatest amount of
contacts I've ever had from my home QTH! An amp and an extended dipole from 45
ft to 65 ft in height certainly make a difference!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving and stay safe!

73
Dennis N8IVN