[3830] CQWW CW EC3A SOAB Classic HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 29 11:48:41 EST 2020

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: EC3A
Operator(s): EC3A
Station: EC3A

Class: SOAB HP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH: Tarragona

  160:   86     7       34
   80:  409    15       56
   40:  639    23       72
   20:  408    17       57
   15:  469    21       66
   10:   67    10       17

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

RIG : IC775DSP + SPE 1K3

Antennas : vertical HF9V + BI-SQUARE wire for 21MHZ .

For many years I wanted to experiment with a BI-SQUARE antenna and a few days
before the contest I built a BI-SQUERE for 21 mhz with aluminiun wire and
suported by a40 foot fiberglass pole. I fed it with a shorted 1/4 wave parallel
wire transmission line looking for the best impedance point. The result has been
as expected, always giving better results compared to the vertical antenna when
the orientation was adequate. It is a simple, cheap and efficient antenna.

Many thank for QSO.

Fernando. EC3A (EA3KU since 1979 ).
73.