[3830] CQWW CW KM4SII SO(A)AB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 29 19:37:39 EST 2020

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: KM4SII
Operator(s): KM4SII
Station: KM4SII

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: NC

   80:  140    14       57
   40:  416    25       81
   20:  318    26       80
   15:  264    20       72
   10:   37    12       17

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

First time doing CQWW CW full time! I always seem to have other commitments when
this contest rolls around, but not this year.

I feel like this is a pretty reasonable score considering my limitations: wire
antennas only, SO1R, and no 160m. The high SFI and SSN certainly helped
conditions, but not quite to the degree I was expecting. 20m and 15m were very
good to EU in the mornings but I had to rush to work as much as I could before
the band closed down. 10m did have a few surprises and I managed a few EU and AF
stations there. 80 and 40m were somewhat poor in the early evening but got
better as the night progressed. The first day, 20m didn't quite open up enough
for me to get into Asia, but it was much better just before the end of the
contest. I was able to work several JAs and also heard a BY and UA0 with good
signals, but the pileups were too big for me to spend time sitting in.

The best DX of the weekend that I can remember was 3V8SS, 5H3EE, 5Z4VJ, 5T3WW,
and 8Q7ZO.

Thanks for all the QSOs and for putting up with my ridiculous callsign... more
than a few of the ops I worked this weekend no doubt shook their heads over my
dit-y suffix :)

73 and CU in the next one de KM4SII - Mason (18 years old)

Rig: Flex-6300
Power: 80-100w
Antennas: 80m dipole sloping from 70 to 40 ft (80m); 40m dipole sloping from 70
to 50 ft (40/15m); 20m delta loop at 60 ft (20/10m)