[3830] CQWW CW VA3DF SO(A)AB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 29 20:40:52 EST 2020

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: VA3DF
Operator(s): VA3DF
Station: VA3DF

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: ONS

  160:   99    10       15
   80:  338    16       55
   40:  614    27       90
   20:  592    31       91
   15:  404    26       94
   10:   55    19       29

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Now that was a great contest! Been waiting for this puppy all year as I haven't
done CQWW CW at my home QTH since 2017 given trips to 6Y and FS in previous
years. Did my walk around on Friday to make sure all antennas were 100%, got
lots of rest and was ready in the starting blocks Friday night.

Took a relaxed approach and  didn't go all out. Slept for 2 hours on Friday
night but treated myself to  a bit more on Saturday. Also had a couple of power
naps during the afternoons. Was looking to forward to a nice long sleep Saturday
night but 80 m decided to bust loose with lots of DX and I wasn't able to resist
the siren's call!

80 was big time better on Saturday. 160 gave me everything I expected from that
band - nothing! For a change, I actually made better use of 40 m. Great run on
40 Sunday evening. Couple of guys tried to steal my run frequency but I only
relinquished it after I had sucked out every QSO and left them nothing.

The higher bands were sweet. Even 10 m was good for some EU DX plus 19 zones! 15
kept surprising me and after the high bands closed, I thought I might have to
curl up on the couch and have a little cry!

Special note of recognition for those ops who get on Sunday PM from a DX entity
that hasn't previously been spotted in the contest. These guys must have a death
wish, even the pileups are scary!

Had a great time and didn't lose my voice like in a SSB contest although, I did
spend a considerable amount of time yelling at the monitor...

As usual, it's a jungle out there...

73,

Doug
VA3DF