[3830] CQWW CW K8CN SOAB QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 29 21:35:18 EST 2020

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: K8CN
Operator(s): K8CN
Station: K8CN

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: New Hampshire
Operating Time (hrs): 6:50

  160:    4     2        1
   80:   17     5        5
   40:   16     6        9
   20:   59     7       28
   15:   67    11       31
   10:   11     6        7

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

With my Lazy H out of commission and a glut of university work occupying the
weekend, I contemplated not even turning on the radio.  Compounding the
disincentives was the loss of the south support line for my 135 foot doublet -
squirrel chew?  The antenna farm was in sorry shape and no time to remedy it,
but I decided to try an hour Friday night using the crippled doublet and was
pleasantly surprised.  Put in another 3 hours each on Saturday and Sunday
between chores, and was glad I did.  Not one for the record books, to be sure,
but as Don, K2KQ reminds us: "Any antenna is better than NO antenna."

Best surprise of my brief indulgence was finding a V51 all alone calling CQ on
10 meters, and he heard me!  A pileup ensued shortly after I finished the Q -
what a joy to stumble on a good mult on 10 meters before the crowd arrived.

Thanks to all for copying my puny weak signals - it's still fun doing QRP even
when I can't commit a full-time effort.

73,
Mike, K8CN

Rig: K3/10 at 5 watts, 135 foot doublet fed with window line, used on all bands
with Elecraft BL2 balun and K3 internal ATU.