[3830] CQWW CW VE6TL SOSB15 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 29 21:43:19 EST 2020

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: VE6TL
Operator(s): VE6TL
Station: VE6TL

Class: SOSB15 HP
QTH:

   15:  752    26       52

I had been hearing Europe on 15m in the mornings for several weeks so I thought
it would be fun to try a single band 15m effort.  No Europe.  Period.  Well, I
worked a few CT and EA, but that was it. Only worked two stations in Africa too
(Morocco and Ghana).  Mostly, the paths were trans equatorial (north-south) or
to Japan.  In fact, my most productive run of the contest was the last two
hours, running JAs.  In the last hour, it was exciting to get two double mults
calling me:  Philippines and Indonesia.  To keep my FL-7000 amp running cool, I
ran at 300W, but when I tried to break pileups, I bumped it up to 500W.  From a
city lot with a tribander at 40', it was still quite a challenge.  I did manage
to break most of the pileups where the DX was strong.  Saturday's conditions
were significantly better than Sunday's, with the exception of Japan.  I was
happy to see 15m open like this, the first time in over 3 years here.  I
would've gone to VE6SV as I normally do, but decided to stay safe and stay
home.

Jerry VE6TL