[3830] CQWW CW WQ6X(@W7AYT) SO(A)AB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 29 22:12:30 EST 2020

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: WQ6X
Operator(s): WQ6X
Station: W7AYT

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: Concord, Ca
Operating Time (hrs): 7:33

  160:   0      0        0
   80:   2      2        2
   40:  10      8        8
   20:  10      5        5
   15:  18      7        6
   10:  10      6        5
------------------------------
Total:  50     28       26  Total Score = 6,318

Club: San Diego Contest Club

Comments:

This was another radiosport contest Dual-OP from W7AYT's QTH in Concord.
Interleaved with remote operations with NX6T in Fallbrook, WQ6X found
time to play around in the contest trying out different antenna
configurations.  That's to a 3-el 10-m Long John Yagi, the FT-1000mp
worked nicely on 10-meters into Oceania and South America.
Unfortunately, Asia could not be coaxed into life on 10-m.
Considering the antenna system for 40 & 80, it was amazing
to work into South America.
It was discovered that the 3-el 10-m Yagi was like a Beverage antenna
on other bands - VERY Quiet.  I would switch to the 8JK or CH-250 to
transmit and then back to the yagi to receive.
I also hung a BUDDIPOLE tuned for 15/20 meters atop the mast to compare
signal levels.  The RBN helped me to realize that the reason my CQ's
were often NoT answered had nothing to with propagation, but participation.
This year, the Stereo-Cw audio setup made all the difference in copy under QRM.
Look for more comments about this GiG at: http://WQ6X.Blogspot.com