[3830] CQWW CW KL7RA(KL7SB) SO(A)AB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 29 23:17:11 EST 2020

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: KL7RA
Operator(s): KL7SB
Station: KL7RA

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: Nikiski, AK

  160:  144    13       13
   80:  473    27       30
   40:  883    29       67
   20:  848    33       68
   15:  853    29       45
   10:  178    14       15

Wow.  This was the first contest since I acquired the KL7RA station where we had
actual sunspots.  While conditions were not perfect, (our windows to EU seemed
limited, and there was enough geomagnetic activity such that a lot of signals
were *very* fluttery, and 10M was marginal), it was the first time since Rich
was still here, that all six bands were productive.  This would have been an
incredible time to have the crew together up here, but ..COVID.  Hopefully not
much longer on that.

Besides the fluttery/watery copy, the main limitation was the operator. Because
it wasn't feasible to put a crew together due to COVID, this was my first ever
competitive effort as a Single Operator, in a 48 hour, unlimited operating time
allowed contest.  One of the main reasons I strongly prefer multi ops is, I
don't do well on limited sleep.  I managed 34.5 hours with I think a pretty good
score for that time, but still, far behind the guys who do 42-48 hours.