[3830] CQWW CW W1NN SOSB40 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 30 03:37:44 EST 2020

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: W1NN
Operator(s): W1NN
Station: W1NN

Class: SOSB40 LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs):
Remote Operation

   40:  215    23       66

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

Remote from Japan. I am 14 hours ahead of Ohio time where the radio and antennas
are.  Since my tribander crashed, my capabilities on the high bands are very
limited.  Plus, operating the high bands requires staying up all night here
whereas I can operate the low bands during the day my time, so that's what I
decided to do.  I also operated on 80 and 160 but there is no "low
band" category so I am submitting my log for SB40LP.  For reference, the
other contacts I made are shown below.  I spent quite a lot of time on 80 now
that my dipole is working again, thanks to a visit by friend Gary AF8A, who
repaired the antenna about six hours before the start of the contest!  Many
thanks, Gary.

I operated the same way in 2017 and made almost the same contacts, 24 zones and
77 countries.  I'm not sure why I found 12 fewer countries this year.  Maybe
there was less activity on the low bands because the high bands were so hot?

Biggest thrill was finding two new double multipliers (zones 10 and 13) during
the final hour.

I did make a few contacts on 15.  After 40 died on the first day, I took a quick
listen to 15 and the band was really hopping.  I have not heard it that good in
decades!  So I spent an hour and a bit working my way up a very crowded band. A
40M dipole works great on 15!  I hope these conditions last.

Here's a summary of what I did during the weekend:

160 30 8 12
80  114 18 45
40  215 23 66
20  36 12 23