[3830] CQWW CW OG7A(OH6MW) SO(A)AB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 30 03:52:56 EST 2020

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: OG7A
Operator(s): OH6MW
Station: OH6MW

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: Select a state

  160:  211    14       52
   80:  753    26       84
   40:  675    33      104
   20: 1058    32      105
   15:  562    33      108
   10:   48    17       38

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

It was fun and conditions were relatively good. Suffered from storm damages with
low band verticals, but made some easy fixes before contest and used verticals
and extra vertical wires in current condition. 4-sq is a potato and no gain but
used it with a tuner and removed jumpers from 4-SQ control box's alarm buzzer.
Dummy load took it's share of 4-sq power and more. Also 160m vertical pair was a
single vertical with low power this time.  I was surprised many times how well
those damaged verticals worked, many stations called and had some success in dx
pileups too. Have to build new verticals maybe next year.

Had a good sleep before the contest, woke up an hour before the start and didn't
feel too tired anytime during the weekend.  Slept 3 hours during Saturday-Sunday
night and it was pretty good timetable with working contest, eating and
sleeping. Total time almost 43 hours activity. and it came easy this time.  Even
with these slowing details with broken antennas I had a relaxed operation, not
too serious.

First day was SO1R, maybe too much dxing with multipliers and not enough qsos.
It was Sunday morning when I started to use SO2R a little bit, did some dual-cqs
80-40 when things slowed down. Went back to SO1R with high band pileups and just
had some good time with contesting.

Nice propagation generally but it went up and down. Ten meters opened and gave
some good dx points. 15m was great, 190 NA contacts to zones 5-4-3. Short
openings but good enough, same with 20 meters. I guess best NA 20m propagation
was in very late Sunday evening, hours later than usually.  Fifty JA on 40m
mid-day. Maybe missed some 40m propagation, had to take care of those high band
mults and qsos. Propagation was so good that there was certainly a room for good
so2r dual cqing but maybe little lazyness won this time.  Had a great time,
Thank You for all qsos, 73 and see you in next contest.

Ari OH6MW OG7A