[3830] CQWW CW N4UU M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 30 07:18:34 EST 2020

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: N4UU
Operator(s): N4UU W4WF N4KM K1MM
Station: N4UU

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: NFL

  160:   84    15       44
   80:  479    22       74
   40:  760    33       95
   20: 1249    36      120
   15: 1088    29      105
   10:  199    21       48

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Would not have guessed that we'd exceed our 160m country and zone count on 10m.

After the usual M/S or M/2 at N4WW didn't work out, Martin graciously extended
an invitation to come to N4UU and operate from his station, which he's
engineered for SO but which has the flexibility to do a M/2. The shack was
well-appointed with everything but rotor boxes, as we had only one antenna
turning (but not indicating) this weekend.

We still managed to work almost all of the typical multipliers that we can find
from N4WW. Zone 22 was easier and more common that usual, thanks to 8Q7ZO. We
also found 7Q6M on a couple of bands, including 10m for another somewhat unusual
multiplier; thanks Marko and Oli and Don!

With the 40m beam fixed on EU we weren't able to break the pileup on E2A or
JT1CS at our sunrise, so we left a pair of workable double multipliers on the
table.

But, conditions on 20m and 15m were excellent, and we had great rates both
mornings on the high bands. We also worked a number of JAs on 15m on Saturday
afternoon. It was more of a walk than a run, but it's been a while since we've
been able to work any but the best-equipped JAs on 15m, so the improved
conditions paid immediate dividends.

Thanks to Martin and Pat for allowing us to come in and operate for the
weekend.

3 towers - 2x Rohn 25 @ 120', one Rohn 25 @ 50'

Equipment: TS590 x 3
LK500ZB