[3830] CQWW CW N1DC SOAB Classic LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 30 10:55:38 EST 2020

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: N1DC
Operator(s): N1DC
Station: N1DC

Class: SOAB LP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH: MA
Operating Time (hrs): 23:57

  160:   23     5        8
   80:   65    12       28
   40:   74    14       39
   20:  233    20       63
   15:  253    17       61
   10:   52    10       14

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Great contest with lots of activity. I had considered doing a single band
entry year, but I'm glad I didn't. There was a definite lack of DXpeditions,
but home stations came out in force.

Before the contest I watched the solar numbers and the Space Weather forecast.
The conditions were generally good but 160/80/40 were more work than I
expected.

I expected to put in around 24 hours depending on conditions. If the bands
were great I might end up at 30+. My strategy was S&P Friday/Saturday and
running on Sunday. This worked well with good runs into EU on 15 and 20.

I never felt very loud on 40 and 80 compared to previous years. The QSO numbers
reflect that. When I get multiple ? responses there is a combination of QSB and
QRM. The apparently open frequencies on the panadapter are never really open.
I'll bet at any given time there were 4 to 5 stations to the west I couldn't
hear.

I hoped for a big 10M opening. There were a lot of stations including a ZD7, but
it  was mostly SA and the Caribbean with the beam due south.

My goals:  Beat the 2019 score, 500 QSO's, 500K points, work DXCC in one
weekend.  I achieved the goals except for DXCC (came close at 95).

Thanks for the QSO's.

73,
Rick  N1DC