[3830] CQWW CW NR1DX SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 30 15:37:23 EST 2020

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: NR1DX
Operator(s): NR1DX
Station: NR1DX

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: FLORIDA
Operating Time (hrs): ~30

  160:   24    10       17
   80:  106    15       45
   40:  283    16       55
   20:  272    25       60
   15:  307    23       59
   10:   73    18       34

*compared to last year 160 was dead (50 countries in 2019 vs 17 this year)

*20M was a zoo on Sunday morning contesting stations were all the way up to
14.130. Never saw that before!

*compared to earlier in the week 10M never really opened strong..with the SFI at
116 had higher hopes for that band ..next year !

*generally speaking did not experience stations trying to "muscle in and
run you off frequency" while running as I had in years past (I have not
done any real contesting in 15years!) or maybe I just didn't hear them? The
filters in my new TS890 are far superior to my old TS950SDX !!! One exception
was a station in the Mediterranean whose call began with a "P". I
finally gave up and let him have the frequency

*Key-clicks, key-clicks, key-clicks. Need a really easy way for stations to test
their stations for key-clicks. Some stations clicks were easily 1.5KHz wide
others by comparison had brick-wall sides on their signals when viewed with the
panadpater display even at +30db over S9