[3830] CaQP W9QL SOFixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 5 14:39:59 EDT 2020

                    California QSO Party - 2020

Call: W9QL
Operator(s): W9QL
Station: W9QL

Class: SOFixed LP
QTH: Illinois

  160:
   80:   16      2
   40:   27     20
   20:   55     51
--------------------
Total:   98     73  Mults = 38  Total Score = 16,720

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

For some reason, I always operate this one unassisted. I guess I like the
challenge of catching someone new before the pileup begins. Of course, I may
have missed a few mult's, but it's still fun. I was doing fairly well until my
two-week old Palstar tuner failed on Sunday. Had to shut down and install on old
tuner and lost some time. Took it apart today, and discovered the shaft coupling
for the roller inductor cracked in half. Called Palstar and guess what: this is
a known issue. They are sending a replacement and spares, so I should be good by
next weekend.

Dave
W9QL