[3830] MWaveFallSprnt K1RZ Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Oct 10 15:03:08 EDT 2020

                    Microwave Fall Sprint - 2020

Call: K1RZ
Operator(s): K1RZ
Station: K1RZ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MDC

Total:  QSOs = 39  Total Score = 8,807

Club: Mt Airy VHF Radio Club

Comments:

Conditions were enhanced for the first hour to the Northeast.  Then the Delta
storm continued to close in and the enhancement went away.   Good conditions
with Jeff K1TEO working thru 10 GHz (less 5.7) in first few minutes of the
contest.   And then I heard Jeff for an hour after no matter where I had the
beams.  My Best DX was with Dana VE3DS at 524 km on 902.  Also worked Jeff W2FU
on the bottom 3 bands at 432 km.   Thanks Ron WZ1V for hanging in there on our
numerous tries with final completion on a QSB peak on 1296.174 FT8. Thanks to
Bill W2RMA EN90XH for getting on in his driveway on 902 with a three ft looper.
FB copy Bill. Many thanks to Marco KD3PD/R for going out on 902 and 1296 to two
grids.  Your new 100 mWatts xvtr on 902 is loud here in Central MD.    Thanks to
everyone who got on for the Microwave Sprint.  Thanks especially to the
Southeast VHF Society for sponsoring this fine event.  Contacts by Mode
Breakdown: 13-CW, 3-FT8 (1296), and 23-USB. 73,  Dave   K1RZ   FM19jh