[3830] Oceania CW W1NN SOSB/40 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 11 01:28:16 EDT 2020

                    Oceania DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: W1NN
Operator(s): W1NN
Station: W1NN

Class: SOSB/40 LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 2
Remote Operation

   40:  25     12
Total:  25     12  Total Score = 1,500

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

I may have operated the VK/ZL contest years ago but this is the first time I've
operated this one.  No antenna for the high bands so I was confined to the low
bands.  I was surprised that I could work almost everyone I heard on 40 with
only 100 watts.  There was quite a bit of activity on 40 but I only heard a weak
KH6CJJ on 80.  I heard VK4KW, VK6LW and VK2BV on 160.  None of them could hear
me.  The latter was at my sunrise and was quite strong, and I thought I would
have a pretty good chance of working him, but I didn't hear him work anyone. On
40, I only worked two KH6 stations and all the rest were VK or ZL.  They sure
have a wide window for working North America on 40.

73, Hal W1NN remote at tokyo