[3830] SDQP W0ZQ Mobile/Portable LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 11 13:42:05 EDT 2020

                    South Dakota QSO Party - 2020

Call: W0ZQ
Operator(s): W0ZQ
Station: W0ZQ

Class: Mobile/Portable LP
QTH: SD

----------------------------
Total:  384    339      0  Mults = 55  Total Score = 60,885

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

Operating in the SDQP completes my 2020 goal of operating mobile from the five
Upper Midwest states of ND, SD, MN, WI and IA all in one year.  With the COVID
thing going on, I'm not comfortable overnighting, and its a 4 hour drive over
and then back again to eastern SD from Mpls, but, the weather was GREAT, gas was
under $2/gallon, and the trees are changing color, so what the heck.  The trip
resulted in 6 hours of SDQP operation such that I could get back home at a
reasonable hour (for us old timers).  I was able to find three spots in SD to do
a two-county line operation which was lots of fun.  20m was in great shape,
probably the best I've seen it for a bit.  Phones not my favorite mode but I had
a great run from the Hamlin/Deuel line ... the cows across the fence from me
watched (and listened) with great interest.  Thanks for all the Q's.  73, Jon