[3830] PaQP K1RO SOMixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 12 10:48:51 EDT 2020

                    Pennsylvania QSO Party - 2020

Call: K1RO
Operator(s): K1RO
Station: K1RO

Class: SOMixed HP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs):

   20:   15      1
----------------------------
Total:  200    370      0  Mults = 67  Total Score = 51,590

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I didn't add any bonus points. Had 6 QSOs total with K3MJW and W8XK/3.

Normally I can't put in a full effort in this contest due to a long-standing
commitment to an annual fundraising activity for my snowmobile club on Columbus
Day weekend. COVID-19 cancelled it this year, so I thought I would give PAQP a
good effort despite the nearly perfect weekend weather. This is a very long QSO
Party, and it was hard to keep grinding away on Sunday, but there was just
enough activity to keep me in the chair.

Conditions were interesting. Both days, by mid-afternoon 40 meters went too long
to work eastern PA stations. 80 meters had summer-like S-9+10 dB static on
Saturday because of the passing weather front and storms to the west and north
of me. Lots of strong PA stations, fortunately. I was happy to be able to work a
few of the big stations on 20 meters as well.

Thanks to the PA home stations, portables, and mobiles for a fun weekend. Like
everyone else, I hoping for FUL and LAW to show up Sunday and get on a band
where I could hear them (40 meters in my case). Thanks to AB3AH for going to
FUL, and K8MR/K3LA for going through LAW on the way home.