[3830] CWopsT K9ZO Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Oct 14 10:44:41 EDT 2020

                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Oct 14

Call: K9ZO
Operator(s): K9ZO
Station: K9ZO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: il

Total:  182  Mults = 182  Total Score = 33,124

Club: Metro DX Club

Comments:

Decided to go high power when K6RB reported me as 579 and the SteppIR did not
work on 40, so needed some high speed practice.  Lots of west coast in the
beginning so that kept things moving.  At 1316Z had 49 QSOs, so things were
looking good.  At 1330Z had 100, but slowing down at 1337Z. Lots of CQing at
1349Z, however still a lot of available spots. Did some S&P to use up time,
but rate really dropped at the end.

I have been making some progress.  W9ILY helped me configure WSJT.  The 6 meter
YU7EF yagi is sitting at the base of the tower (for Europe at 35 ft) as well as
the 3 el 20 meter beam for W4.  KJ9P came over yesterday and we measured out the
4 square location in the field.  I picked up the mounting poles which were
ordered at the beginning of the summer.  The aluminum is moved to the edge of
the field and today I will put the large pieces together.  It's windy, yet warm,
so it will be a good project.   The fields are harvested, but the leaves have
not fallen, so it is early for putting up the beverages.  It is getting chilly
in the evenings, so will have to chase some DX and use the amp to warm the
shack.  It is too early to turn on the furnace boiler!