[3830] WAG NN3W SO Mixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 18 11:52:52 EDT 2020

                    Worked All Germany Contest - 2020

Call: NN3W
Operator(s): NN3W
Station: NN3W

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: VA

   80:    0      0       0
   40:   84      0      22
   20:  160     23      25
   15:   22      0      16
   10:    0      0       0
----------------------------
Total:  270     23      63  Total Score = 54,999

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Always a fun event and for 24 hours.  More of the second tier event should
really go this way!

First contest with a totally reconfigured station.  New radio (FTDX5000), new
linear (Drake L7) and new computer.

Spent all Friday and into Saturday battling N1MM which did not want to have
radio control and with my new K1EL WKmini which did not want to talk to the COM
port.  Found that my FTDI cable for N1MM was bad and had it replaced, found my
COM port settings were set for 9600 baud as opposed to 38400 baud, and found
that N1MM was configured to log all QSOs as SSB QSOs and all packet spots
clicked on changed the radio from CW to SSB mode.

For the first 2 hours, CW was sent using WK3-Demo, logging was manually done via
N1MM, frequency was entered into N1MM, and then I had to change the log manually
for each CW QSO to change the logged mode from SSB to CW and to change the
signal report from 59 to 599.  Finally, around 6:00 pm, the new USB to RS232
cable arrive and the FTDX5000 woke up immediately and said "lets have
fun"!  And we did.  Had a really, really good run on 40 CW and again on 20
CW this morning.

Condx seemed OK on 20, weak on 15, and decent on 40.

Activity from our DL friends was very high!  Always a good time.