[3830] JARTS K3MM Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 18 22:28:04 EDT 2020

                    JARTS WW RTTY Contest - 2020

Call: K3MM
Operator(s): K3MM
Station: K3MM

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MD

   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  965   215  Total Score = 546,745

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

As usual, what started out as a test session for new hardware ended up sucking
me in for 14 hours on and off.  Didnt get on until late Saturday night, playing
around on 40 and 80.  However, I was more interested in the high band conditions
and testing the new tribander stack and triplexer at full power on RTTY.  Had a
nice 2BSIQ sequence going late Sunday Morning on 15 and 20 as fresh meat and a
nice JA pileup on 20 near the end which included a BV, YC, and DU calling in
while doing some running and mult. shopping on 15 and 40.
Still had some  problems with N1MM single computer 2 keyboard SO2R, some
probably related to the Flex 6600.  One of the odd ones was the keyboards would
apparently lose their association with one "slice".  Sometimes I would
try to add some manual text using Ctrl K and it would start sending on the wrong
slice/band.  Other times it would get hung up where it wouldnt do anything on
one slice/keyboard until something happened with the other slice.  I also got
lots of glitches during band hops involving antenna selection warning messages.
I think I'm going back to two computers on digital modes...