[3830] IlQP AD4EB Mobile LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 19 21:05:21 EDT 2020

                    Illinois QSO Party - 2020

Call: AD4EB
Operator(s): AD4EB
Station: AD4EB

Class: Mobile LP
QTH: IL

  160:
   80:     367
   40:     732
   20:     147
------------------------
Total:    1246      0  Mults = 78  Total Score = 194,376

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

This was the 6th time we went mobile in the ILQP, and ended up with our highest
number of contacts and total score.  Melody drove the same route as last year,
covering 23 counties, and stayed on schedule just about the entire time.  Only
incident was lightly brushing a a tree with the very top of the 40m hustler coil
while transmitting, which we thought would not cause a problem, but it would no
longer resonate on 40m.  Luckily we had a spare coil and it did not take long to
get back to business.

Participation was much higher than previous years and the pileups were really
large, especially toward the end of the contest. Best rate for 1 hour was 205.
Conditions seemed good to me, especially on 80m.

The top worked stations include:

K1RO (30)
DL3DXX (27)
K9RS (27)
W0ZQ (26)
KE0L (25)
NY3A (24)
OM2VL (23)
WN4AFP (23)
KI6RRN (22)
W4NZ (22)
AC4G (21)
K3IE (21)
W8PI (21)

Congratulations to these stations, and thanks to everyone who took the time to
work us in the contest. A total of 253 unique callsigns were logged (209 last
year), and there were quite a few new callers.

Thanks to those that helped put together this excellent QSO Party.  And as
always, a special thanks to Melody for driving and navigating me around Illinois
and making this all possible.

73 - Jim (AD4EB) and Melody (KI4HVY)