[3830] CQWW SSB N2IC SOAB Classic HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 25 15:17:19 EDT 2020

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: N2IC
Operator(s): N2IC
Station: N2IC

Class: SOAB HP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH: New Mexico

  160:    8     4        4
   80:   88    16       19
   40:  423    25       37
   20:  504    27       54
   15:  686    29       75
   10:   57     8       10

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

The COVID-induced lack of contest expeditions was really felt from here in New
Mexico, especially on the low bands where there was little to no Europe
propagation.

Operated 23 of the 24 hours on Day 1, and the last hour on 15 Sunday morning.

15 was the best I have heard it in several years, although the propagation north
and east of EA/I/F was spotty - only a few DL's worked, 1 PA, 2 ON, 1 SP.
Excellent JA propagation made for some great runs.

20 was poor to Europe both mornings, with no propagation to northern or eastern
Europe, and high absorption to the rest.

I do like the Classic category. Lots of fun without the 48 hour grind of SO2R in
a phone contest.