[3830] CQWW SSB KB0EO SO(A)AB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 25 19:44:44 EDT 2020

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: KB0EO
Operator(s): KB0EO
Station: KB0EO

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: Minnesota
Operating Time (hrs): 16:20

  160:    1     1        1
   80:    4     3        3
   40:   70    21       38
   20:  225    32       79
   15:  157    26       59
   10:   24     6        8

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

I managed to bang out 16+ hours - I wasn't planning that much activity, but the
WX was horrid, so stayed inside. The goals were to work 30 zones on one band
(probably 20 m) and hit 250K points - both objectives met. I did S&P about
95% of the time. I ran on 20 m Saturday night and picked up a bunch of JA and
KL7. The most frustrating part is all the US stations that call - I had to
announce "outside US please" about every 2 minutes.

There was a lot of one-way propagation on all the bands - the DX would be S9+
but they couldn't hear me with 1500 watts and yagis - frustrating, but that's
the way it goes.

15 meters decided to show up along with 10 meters to South America.

I managed to work all zones except 17, 18, 22, 29, and 34. I heard zone 18 on 40
m long path, but I couldn't get him. I picked up zone 19 and 30 on 20 meters
during the last hour.

73,

Dan - KB0EO
Kilkenny, MN