[3830] CQWW SSB VE6TL M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 25 20:04:45 EDT 2020

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: VE6TL
Operator(s): VE6TL
Station: VE6TL

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Calgary

  160:    4     2        2
   80:   20     7        6
   40:  186    15       18
   20:  430    26       63
   15:  323    16       26
   10:   50     7        7
------------------------------
Total: 1013    73      122  Total Score = 430,170

First major contest for Endre, VA6BGE, former student in the ham radio classes.
He got a taste of both S&P and running on several bands and did very well.
It has been years since I did this contest at home as I usually go to VE6SV.

I was disappointed in 80/160m, although we managed to work VK on 80m.  40m was
up and down, with a last minute opening to EU in the last hour of the contest.
20m was poorer than I had hoped as the openings to EU were short (about an hour
on Sunday morning).  The big surprises were 15m being open for most of both days
and 10m opening up Sunday afternoon to SA.

Overall, a fun contest and a good experience for Endre.

73,

Jerry VE6TL

Rig:  FTdx5000MP
Amp:  FL-7000 (about 500W)