[3830] CQWW SSB N4XL SO(A)AB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 25 20:13:31 EDT 2020

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: N4XL
Operator(s): N4XL
Station: N4XL

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: SC

  160:    7     2        2
   80:   48    12       21
   40:   86    17       31
   20:  265    22       68
   15:  264    26       73
   10:   95    13       25

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Comments:

What a great contest for this part of the sunspot cycle!  I was worried the high
bands would be gone because the solar wx prediction said the A index was going
to be up in the thirty’s earlier in the week. It was great to have 10 and 15
open. Really helped the mult score and kept the fun factor up.

Was pleased to snag YB on 40. Tried CQ on 20 around sunset and had several DX
stations call this little 100 watt station. That helped. VK, TA, SV among
others. Hard to run DX on SSB with this station. That was the only time trying
to run was productive.

Enjoyed moving back and forth on the COS with WE9R. Having allergies acting up
for contests is becoming all too common. Decided to pull the plug early Saturday
night. Set the alarm for 0600z, but felt crummy and stayed in bed. Thought I’d
for sure he would pull so far ahead of me I couldn’t catch.

Thanks for all the q’s.

Kevan N4XL

TS590 x2
Bencher Skyhawk at 50 ft