[3830] CQWW SSB VE3KTB SO(A)AB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 26 01:53:52 EDT 2020

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: VE3KTB
Operator(s): VE3KTB
Station: VE3KTB

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: ONS

   80:   85     8        8
   40:  132    14       23
   20:   86    13       32
   15:   72    13       34

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

In recent years I have operated CQWW mostly from VY0ERC.  This year, thanks to
COVID I'm in ONS.  However, this effort had much in common with those northern
efforts.  First of all, the shack underwent a complete remodel and it was just
put back together.  Then, on Friday the crew showed up to install the XYL's long
awaited concrete patio (it was supposed to happen in August) which meant that I
had to dig up the coax and the SteppIR vertical's control cables and disconnect
them to get them out of the way.  Had to do the same for about 20 radials. After
the crew finished on Saturday, I had the chance to re-establish all the
connections and radials.  This of course meant struggling through on a low
droopy wire until that point.  Once the vertical was up and I diagnosed a few
gremlins in the reconstructed station, it got more interesting.  All in all,
happy with the outcome.