[3830] CQWW SSB N1LN SO(A)SB15 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 26 10:49:16 EDT 2020

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: N1LN
Operator(s): N1LN
Station: N1LN

Class: SO(A)SB15 HP
QTH: NC

   15:  769    28      103

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

What an unexpectedly fun weekend on 15 meters!  I started out as unassisted
until Saturday evening around 2100 UTC when I could not find a JA. So, I turned
on the cluster and found a few but could not hear them.  From then on I ran
assisted. The country count continued to grow so I figured it would be fun to
try for DXCC during a down sunspot period. The assisted mode certainly helped
there. However, I would guess that since 15 was so open on Saturday before I
turned on the cluster, some quantity of Zones and Countries were missed.
Fortunately, that is an assumption that can't be calculated!

This was also the first high bands test of my newly reduced antenna farm.  The
5x5x5 stack on 15 now looks like a JK mid-tri on one tower at 85 feet and a T10
Log on another tower at 64 feet. Just A LOT different.  However, they both
worked well and there was nothing I heard that I did not work, except for a
couple JAs that were lightly copied but they did not hear me.  Guess that is
only fair as the west coast did not get the EU openings and runs that we did on
the east coast. This was a good time to be Central US and hear and work both
directions.

Thanks for the fun weekend and the Qs. Hope the great high band conditions
continue for CQWW-CW in a few weeks. I might try the AB(A) for that one.

73,
Bruce N1LN