[3830] CQWW SSB W1DYJ SO(A)AB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 26 13:40:14 EDT 2020

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: W1DYJ
Operator(s): W1DYJ
Station: W1DYJ

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: Maine

  160:    3     2        2
   80:   32    14        9
   40:   28    18        8
   20:   26    20       10
   15:   38    23        9
   10:    1     1        1

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

All goals are meant to be broken. In this case I had a personal worst...

It was a busy weekend with fall cleanup of our Maine home on the docket,
so I did not spend a lot of time.  This probably saved me much frustration!

160 was noisy and with only 3 Qs much worse than usual.
80 was about the same as always.
40 was active, with too much QRM for my vertical to cut through,
        and I did worse then normal.
20 was very active -- LP and a simple wire dipole did not cut it,
        and I did much worse than usual.
15 -- lots of signals and spots.  Using a 40M vertical on 15 for
        DX is crazy -- isn't that the definition of doing the same
        thing and expecting different results?  But it was my
        most productive band.
10 looked busy with lots of spots, but with just a dipole it was a
        failure with only one Q - thanks KC1XX!

We continue to look for our next home here, where I plan on real antennas.

RIG: TS590S
BIC = 9 hours
ANTENNAS:
	 160, 80, 20, 10 - fan dipole at 30'
		>> 4 wires: 160-trap-80 / 30 / 20 / 10
	 40, 15 >> 1/4 lambda vertical, 4 elevated radials at 10'
Logger: N3FJP's CQ WW DX v5.8

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ