[3830] CQWW SSB K3FT SO(A)AB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 26 15:14:32 EDT 2020

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: K3FT
Operator(s): K3FT
Station: K3FT

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: PA

  160:    1     1        1
   80:   52    11       22
   40:  111    14       35
   20:  107    13       37
   15:  166    16       48
   10:   13     5        8

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Another CQ WW DX SSB in the books! Due to family obligations, I could not
operate at K2AX (Mark)
this year. I made the best of 24 Hours available at my home station. Just 3 wire
antennas which eliminated JAs, and some exotics but I did work two ZLs and one
9K2 so I did have some reach.
As always, you learn your station more when things break; at one point my AL1200
would not key. Having just received my MFJ 998 back from repair led me to doing
self tests which all passed. After that, the AMP would key. Having to retune the
amp after changing bands made me appreciate all of the refinements that are
resident at K2AX. I'll be back for more fun squeezing more contacts out of the
air!
A BIG thanks to Bob KE2D and Mark AA3K and Ed W3CC for helping with questions
and fixes through the year as they make a difference in the outcome.  The
conditions enabled me to work more on 15 and 10 even though the A and K were
high and SFI low things were good.