[3830] CQWW SSB ZB2TT SO(A)AB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 26 16:38:48 EDT 2020

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: ZB2TT
Operator(s): ZB2TT
Station: ZB2TT

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: Gibraltar

  160:    0     0        0
   80:    6     4        5
   40:   91    12       36
   20: 1207    19       64
   15:  778    20       78
   10:   65     9       21
------------------------------
Total: 2147    64      204  Total Score = 886,276

I did this contest from the Gibraltar Amateur Radio Society club house.

Rig: IC-7300 100w (SO1R)
Antenna 20m-10m: Hex Beam @9m / 29ft (fixed north)
Antenna 40m-80m: Folded 30m Dipole (ATU needed)
Software: N1MM

A non competitive entry.

Contesting from ZB brings a lot of challenges, little space and high population
density do not help for antenna space or QRM.

Massively restricted antennas on 80m and 40m heavily affected my score, search
and pouncing was extremely difficult let alone running.

Low power and small antennas is very hard work in SSB, once a run is
established holding the frequency for any period of time proved impossible.
Once spotted running was possible but slow due to amount of repeats I needed to
send (due to adjacent stations wiping me out.)

Most of my runs where into the EU, I only ran US stations a handful of times,
not through the lack of trying.

My best hour was 257 QSOs on Saturday afternoon.