[3830] CQWW SSB OM7RU SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Oct 27 05:35:54 EDT 2020

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: OM7RU
Operator(s): OM7RU
Station: OM7RU

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: JN98OQ
Operating Time (hrs): 41:17

  160:  147     4       33
   80:  452     9       46
   40:  538    23       61
   20: 1026    19       68
   15:  260    13       43
   10:  410     6       34

Club: OM0M DOZEN DASHES CONTEST CLUB

Comments:

This time the contest of two different days. Saturday from minimum of Cycle 24
and Sunday from started (all we hope) Cycle 25.

I decided to run CQ WW SSB full time in August, so I started a few station
improvements in early September to have plenty of time to test them. If you tip,
that reality was totaly different, you're right. "A few improvements"
outgrew into complete station wirings redesign + new microHAM DoubleTEN ANT
switch. Last antennas checks was on Friday late afternoon and I found completely
changed electrical behaviour of tower, which canceled my 160m vertical design.
Fortunately I was able at least redesign it to InvVee @ 8m... Finaly I was ready
to run at least SO1R without RX ANT + radio 2 of RX only with a piece of wire as
ANT.

Saturday was of average conditions with few nice runs of rates over 200 Q/h. 20m
had better moments around noon, 15m and 10m only for few mults. Sunday surprised
me early in the morning, just after few hours nap. Better low bands, then also
better openings of 15m and 10m. And then big opening of 10m to the NW direction.
I spent cca 2 hours in pileup of a few peaks over 300 Q/h. I've never had 2
hours of continous pileup of average rate 144 Q/h, with 60 minutes of 187 Q/h
from my station before. The most from PA, DL and G. I felt, that 15m have to be
opened too, but pileup passion was stronger, hi. It was true, 1,5h of 15m and 3h
of 20m pileups followed after 10m closing. 20m closing cca 4 hours later than
day before!

The funniest moment: I was cca 1 hour CQing on the same frequency. Then the guy
sat down close to me. After minute or two he asked me politely to QSY, because I
was QRMing him. I politely explained him, that it's my frequency and I have no
reason to QSY. He politely moved away :))) What a gentlemen agreement! HI

At the end of the day: all done works has big influence to station HW
conditions: no random coax lines issues + dramaticaly improved unwanted
interferences. Personal top of SSB QSO number, but mults reduced by Corona...

Two days of rest, then finishing of redesign for SO2R.

Thanks for co-contesting!
CU in CW!

Used equipments:
 Yaesu FT-1000MP MarkV Field