[3830] CQWW SSB PS2T(PY2ZEA) SOAB Classic HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Oct 27 13:38:46 EDT 2020

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: PS2T
Operator(s): PY2ZEA
Station: PS2T

Class: SOAB HP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH: GG58wf

  160:    0     0        0
   80:    5     4        5
   40:  126    22       50
   20:  509    26       66
   15: 1271    26       80
   10:  161    12       41

Club: Araucaria DX Group

Comments:

15m was so good that I was afraid to QSY to other bands and lose my running
frequency. Working with a single radio it was not possible to even monitor other
bands.

There seems to be a zone problem with some USA stations who are not contesters.
They are very welcome to increase our score.
But they give you nr 1 or an ITU zone. What do you put in your log ??
1 is Alaska... - you would be punished by the Committee.

What was my solution:
 - he gives me 01.
 - I ask: what´s your zone?
 - he replies: I don´t know...
 - I ask: what´s your state ?
 - Wyoming
 - (oh.. I can´t remember, was Wyoming 3 or 4 )
 - so -  I ask my pileup:  What´s the zone of Wyoming ?
 - The pileup shouts: 4 !!!
     OK, the problem was solved.

Another alternative would be QRZ.COM but many of these dxers are not there.
The FCC database is better. The only pitfall is that someone could operate
outside his FCC address.

I´d like to know what the CQ WW Committee uses as the reference of the zones.

Next time, I´ll have a list of states vs. zones.
So there would be no need to ask the pileup any more.
(By the way, at the very end of the pileup, maybe there wouldn´t be anyone left
to give an answer...)

73, Ville PY2ZEA OH2MM WE3A