[3830] CQWW SSB IO1T(IT9RGY) SOAB Classic HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Oct 28 09:24:53 EDT 2020

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: IO1T
Operator(s): IT9RGY
Station: IQ1RY

Class: SOAB HP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH:

  160:   47     4       20
   80:  253     7       42
   40:  882    21       69
   20:  601    20       50
   15:  550    17       44
   10:  137     6       33

Club: Italian Contest Club

Comments:

IQ1RY(IT9RGY) SOAB LP
IO1T (IT9RGY) SOAB HP Classic
#cqww #italiancontestclub #ICC

One man, several issues, two catergories.

My contest started months ago when IR4X choose not to run CQ WWs due to covid19.

For me CQ WW means Multi Single as in EU it's very tough and challenging and so
IR6T was the right choice still to enjoy the contest in a competitive
environment. Weeks of planning and workings weekends and It was Tuesday before
the contest when the whole team decided to cancel to run as MS as it was clearly
not safe due to the worse covid situation so far.
The only choice was to run a SOSB 40m at IR4X then but Wednesday late night after 6
hours of work I had to cancel from that as well due to huge interfence on 15m,
another band used for the contest.
It was Thursday morning and I wasn't able to run the CQ WW - THE contest when my
friends at IQ1RY told me to go there, so let's go!!
The contest started well as IQ1RY "SOAB LP SO2R no internet at all"
setup and just after 6 hours I started to have hallucinations.
The hope, energy, willings, plans,  only to make the contest happen, with the
usual heavy working days and short nights, stressed me so much that I was
screwed, and the contest was over from the beginning.
After few hours nap I wasn't in a good shape at all but I didn't want to go
home, so I switched to IO1T Classic overlay, just for fun.
It was nice to be able to run with some nice rate on the bands, having relax
when it was too much for me. The Classic fits perfectly and gives plenty of room
to have fun. Even 10m in very nice shape for these days, 15m average and 20m
super crowded band.

The only highlight to mention is the ZERO fairplay by ED7R over taking my freq
on 40m for 1 hour (really!), it always happens and usually it's enough to say
"QSY", but that guy said "ok, now listening 7217"...No
comment. Be sure I'll reply your kindness dear ED7R, be sure about that.
Anyway I missed a lot the feeling on chasing mults, change bands, QSY, 10min
rule, inband qso fights 🙂  but I REALLY thank the guys at IR6T, IR4X and
especially IQ1RY who tried to give a seat to this very passionate contest
fellow...

My points goes to Italian Contest Club, what else? 🙂

Thanks for calling in, take care and SEE YOU SOON!!
Gabry IT9RGY