[3830] CQWW SSB W1HS M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Oct 28 09:29:06 EDT 2020

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: W1HS
Operator(s): W1HS KC1GDW
Station: W1HS

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs):
Remote Operation

  160:    1     1        1
   80:   71    11       27
   40:   77    15       28
   20:  259    19       60
   15:  203    19       61
   10:   31     6       12

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Operated multi two this contest:

Station one was my Icom 7610 with a KPA1500 amp to a SteppIR Urbanbeam for 10,
15, 20 and a 102' G5RV for 40 and 80.

Station two was a Flex 6700 with a KPA500 amp run remote by my son to a 51'
G5RV, KC1GDW.  He had some windows software issues and got off to a rocky start
Friday evening.  The lack of antenna directionality lower power, not physically
being in front of the KAT500 to retune when the amp occasionally faulted because
of high swr, and a schedule which put him offline during the best band
conditions of the weekend all conspired against him.  While I was able to switch
bands to take advantage of simultaneous openings on 20, 15 and 10, we would have
done much better if we were both operating at the same time during them.  We
hope to improve remote operations for ARRL Sweepstakes.

Start of contest was fairly slow, with very noisy conditions on 20 and 40 but
both improved significantly into the end of the contest. Was great to see 15
open for so long, it was fantastic fishing for hours on end.  At times the 15m
panadapter looked like it was 20m.   10 opened for a bit, but not very strong
here, with much fading.

Great contest, had a fantastic time.